Bierfest 2012 sold
Thank you so much! We are looking forward to a fun-filled event with you this Saturday !
Since this morning, we are completely sold out. Sorry folks, no tickets available anymore! Please stop calling.
For all those who didn’t manage to get a ticket any more, we hope to see you in 2013!
Thanks again to all of you !
German Brewing Heritage
VIP Beer Seminar with Marnie Old 12pm to 1pm
Philadelphia has been described as the best city in the country for beer drinkers, thanks in part to the region’s German roots. Now the city will have one more sudsy reason to shine, as The German Society of Pennsylvania teams up with local drinks author Marnie Old and the Philly Roller Girls to launch Bierfest, an annual beer tasting to celebrate Pennsylvania’s German brewing heritage. The first annual Bierfest will will feature a lively beer-garden vibe, delicious German-inspired beers, and live traditional bluegrass by the Keystone Mountain Boys.
dozen Pennsylvania brewers will be pouring German-inspired beers, such
lagers, bock beers, weizens and more.
The Philly Roller Girls, ferocious female athletes of flat track
derby, will be on hand, pouring beer for a good cause.
In addition to PA brews, a rotating menu of
imported German beers will be offered at the ‘German Beer
Bar’, manned by beer
experts from The Foodery, Philadelphia’s favorite source of
six-packs. Light German fare* catered by
is included with general admission, and more substantial ‘wurst
be offered for sale by the German Society of Pennsylvania.
German fare catered by Brauhaus Schmitz includes the
-Pretzel and Sausage bite in mustard or Pretzel Rods
-Miniature Potato Pancakes with Sour Cream
-Liverwurst and Liptauer Canapes
-Goulaschsuppe (to be self serve)
Brewery participants include:
Victory Brewing Co. [Downingtown]
Yuengling & Sons Brewery [Pottsville]
Tröegs Brewing Co. [Hershey]
Pennsylvania Brewing Co. [Pittsburgh]
Appalachian Brewing Co. [Harrisburg]
Berwick Brewing Co. [Berwick]
Stoudts Brewing Company [Adamstown]
Sly Fox Brewing Company [Phoenixville]
Roy Pitz Brewing Company [Chambersburg]
Round Guys Brewing Co. [Lansdale]
Lion Brewey [Wilkes-Barre]
Bavarian Barbarian Brewing Co. [Williamsport]
Included in general admission is Bierfest’s unique brewer’s discussion panel on ‘The Future of Craft Lager – Pennsylvania’s Leadership in Brewing German-Style’ at 4pm in the German Society’s historic Horner Memorial Library. Moderated by Pennsylvania’s only Master Sommelier Melissa Monosoff, the panel will include some of the state’s leading brewers:
Victory Brewmaster Bill Covaleski
Yuengling Brewmaster John Callahan
Round Guys Brewmaster Scott Rudich
Tröegs Brewmaster John Trogner
DrinkPhilly.com founder Adam Schmidt
Philly Beer Scene magazine founder Mat Falco
Bierfest 2012 will also feature a guided tasting seminar led by sommelier and Daily News columnist Marnie Old for a select group of VIP ticket holders at 12pm in the German Society’s traditional ‘Ratskeller’. One of the country’s most sought-after speakers on wine and beer, Marnie’s lively presentation style will bring entertainment-value to beer education as she explores the fascinating story of German brewing traditions and Pennsylvania’s brewing history by comparing local and imported interpretations of classic German beer styles.
Bierfest is a family-friendly and community-supporting event. Supervised childcare and ‘beer-less’ designated driver tickets are available. A portion of the proceeds of Bierfest will support Jefferson Hospital’s Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit.
|Date:||Saturday February 25, 2012|
|Location:||German Society of Pennsylvania ▪ 611 Spring Garden St. Philadelphia, PA 19123|
Event in Barthelmes
1pm to 5pm
Brewer’s Discussion Panel in the Horner Memorial Library– 4pm to 5pm
VIP Seminar in the Ratskeller – 12pm to 1pm [VIP Ticketholders only]
Sales (with processing fee) at www.phillybierfest2012.com
By Phone – 215-627-2332 (no fee)
Full Admission (Main Event plus VIP Seminar)
GSP Members : $48
$38 General Admission (Main Event only) -- for GSP Members: $33
$25 Seminar Only (No Admission to Main Event) -- for GSP Members : $20
$18 ‘Beer-Less’ Admission for Designated Drivers -- for GSP Members : $13
[Family-friendly event – children under 10 years enter free and childcare is provided]
VIP SEMINAR DETAILS:
· 1 hour seated, guided tasting in the Ratskeller – 50-75pp
· Hosted by Marnie Old, Philadelphia Daily News columnist and drinks author
· On the topic of “Pennsylvania’s German Brewing Heritage”, featuring ‘side by side’ comparison of German and PA interpretations of classic German beer styles
will include sample portions of
12 distinctive beers that illustrate the range of German and
MAIN EVENT DETAILS:
· Walkaround Tasting in the auditorium with beer stations and shared seating at center tables
· 12 participating breweries from eastern, central and western PA
· Dozens of German style Pennsylvania beers
· ‘German Beer Bar’ hosted by The Foodery, pouring rotating menu of imported German beers.
· Light German fare catered by Brauhaus Schmitz is included. More substantial ‘wurst platters’ will be offered for sale by the GSP.
· Philadelphia Roller Girls are co-hosting the event – at least a dozen of these ferocious female athletes will be on hand in uniform, pouring beer
· Live traditional bluegrass music by the Keystone Mountain Boys
· On-site homebrewing demonstration provided by Barry’s Homebrew
· Supervised child care will be provided.
BREWER’S DISCUSSION PANEL DETAILS:
· 1 hour Panel Discussion Panel on “The Furure of Craft Lager – PA’s Leadership in German-Style Brewing”
· Open to all main event attendees
in historic Horner Memorial
Library on the 3rd floor
[Space seats up to 100pp, but food/drink are not permitted inside.]
· Moderated by PA's only Master Sommelier Melissa Monosoff. Panelists include Victory Brewmaster Bill Covaleski, Yuengling Brewmaster John Callahan, Troegs Brewmaster John Trogner, Round Guys Brewmaster Scott Rudich, DrinkPhilly.com Founder Adam Schmidt and Philly Beer Scene Magazine Founder Mat Falco
Participant & Sponsorship Questions Venue & Logistics Questions
Marnie Old German Society of PA